• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ron Flor De Cana Centenario Gold?

Garcia21

I just returned from a trip to Florida where I found a bottle of Flor De Cana Centenario Gold (18 years). The bottle looks almost identical to the Centenario (12 years).

I looked on the F.D.C. website and couldn't find any info on it. Has anyone tried it or heard anything about it?

I payed $40 and bought the last one on the shelf.

Also picked up:

Planatation - Barbados $30

Pampero Aniversario $31

Angostura 1919 $21

Ron Santa Fe (Colombia, 72° proof) $12

Thanks,

Patrick

Havevn't see the Gold FdC, interesting that they would come out with that one.

The other sound interesting. What do you think of the Trini 1919?

The Colombian rum sounds rough. I haven't had any Columbian rum that overwhelmed me yet.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

I only bought the Colombian rum because it was one I haven't tried. I am hoping to be able to mix it. The only other rum from there I have tried is Ron Viejo de Caldas and I was not impressed.

I have yet to try the 1919, but I liked the Royal Oak Select and hope the 1919 doesn't disappoint.

Hopefully the Flor De Cana is better than the 12 yr. I like the Grand Reserve 7 yr better than the 12.

The Pampero I love. It is great stuff.

Patrick