• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tea and Thanksgiving dinner

jpr54_

Joanne:

C'mon. I know you know your teas and I know you know your way around Darjeelings.

What teas?

Which estates?

Which flush?

Which screenings?

How did they pair with the meals?

I know I don't really have the right to be so bosssy, me being more of a lurker than a poster, but, certainly am curious.

Cheers

slowfood/slowwine

The Darjeeling was from www.uptontea.com

Namring Estate invoice 2/2004 Darjeeling FTGFOP1

The scented tea was from www.thefragrantleaf.com

rose melange

The turkey was from Flat Brook Farms-My son picked the turkey up at the farm in Susssex county, New Jersey.

I also served baked sweet potatoes, home made cucumber/dill salad, boiled small red potatoes, salad, homemade beet salad, baked root vegetable stuffing and cranberry sauce(i marinated cranberries in wine,orange juice, 1 cup sugar, rind of orange, cinnamon cooked mixture until cranberries popped and then pureed it in foley food grinder-this recipe was from chowhound)

dessert- pumpkin pie

joanne

Namring is always a reliable estate.

One of my favorites lately has been a First flush from Lingia. It brews a very light cup but the flavours are massive.

slowfood/slowwine