• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Montreal Festival En Lumiere 2005

bigorre

Yeah, but they aren't listing any chefs names on the site yet.

I'd thought about adding a comment like "stay tuned" but figured that would be obvious...

Italy is not a country known for its star chefs.

Actually, I kind of think that's to Italy's credit. Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed that Nadia Santini will be on the list.

There are some great italian chefs coming to montreal ,but because Montrealers are not up to date or aware of Italian chefs ,some people won't know these chef's

For example Gualtiero Marchesi is the Paul Bocus of Italien Cuisine.

But if your into Italian cuisine You should check out Massimilliano Aljamo at Le Calendre,Hienz Bec in rome at Bec ,Nadia Santini Dal Pescatore ,Gianfranco Vissani, Claudio Sadler of Sadler ,Massimo Ferrari ,Aimo e Nadia in milano .

When the time comes let me know and I'll recomend who you shouldn't miss.

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .

I have the list and I don't see all those people on there. Hopefully an updated list come press conference time will include them.

In the past, the Festival has seen some top flight Italian chefs come to town with little response from the public (I sat through three meals -- two good, one not so good -- prepared by Italian chefs in empty restaurants).

Let's hope things look better this year. The wines are sure to be a hit.

I never said that those people were coming .

I just said that there are some great chefs coming and the other ones I just mentioned that they're great chef's if you want to check out there sites thats all.

My point is don't say there aren't any star chef's in Italy . because for people who are into Italian cuisine we know who they are ,

If your passionate about something ,anything there are always stars or Icons .

One chef i know who's coming for sure is Raquel Carena. She cooks regional french food in one of Paris' great wine bars, Le Baratin. She is a lively, energetic, outspoken woman and an excellent chef with many killer recipes, making that kind of comfort food that leaves you contempt and happy!

Edited by edm (log)

Eddy M., Chef & Owner

Se.ed Artisan Foods, Vancouver BC

Follow Se.ed's growth at: http://spaces.msn.com/members/fromseedtofood/

Susur told me he would be running the kitchen at Beaver Club (is that really the best spot for him ?).

Also, people who like to cook to breakout beats should get tickets to the great Mattew Herbert, who will be constructing music to the sound of food at Club Soda. He will likely deconstruct pop music with sounds of exploding Big Mac's !

Chefs to check out if your intrested

Imports from "Italia"

1.Gualtiero Marchesi A Legend

2.Massimo Spigaroli King of Culatello

3.Claudio Sadler

4.Vincenzo Cammerucci

5.Massimo Ferrari and Wife Maria Ghiselli ( Maria does outstanding Pasta all by Hand )"rolling pin"

5.Marco Fadiga

6.Davide Brovelli

7.Marco Bortolini

Carlo Petrini Slow Food

From the states

Odetta Fada

Blackbird

From Canada

Claudio Aprile

Moreno Miotto

The two closest to being household names are Gualtiero Marchesi, considered by many one of the world's great chefs and Carlo Petrini, who is not a chef, but the founder and leader of Slow Food. I'm not sure I'd go someplace that he was doing the cooking, but if her were in attendance I would expect the cooking to be excellent.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

The people I wouldn't miss is Gualtiero Marchesi, Claudio Sadler and Massimo Ferrarri

And Massimo Spigaroli Just to taste the Culatello

Don't expect Charlie Trotter meets Thomas keller type food , they do good Italian Cuisine typical of there country and it's Very Tastey and well presented , but nothing which we in North America would find Freaky .

They got there style and we got ours but if your open minded ,you'll appreciate it just as much.

I know I respect there style and I also respect ours.

• 1 year later...