• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

spice storage (racks, cans, bottles?)

_john

Specialty Bottle also has these tins, which I like much better because they're square, not round little space-wasters:

Square glass-topped tins

I've been looking for a solution too, I have a cascade of plastic bags everytime I open the cabinet. I like the tin boxes with the watch cases but the square ones really appeal to me. .68 and .88 a piece, not bad.

ETA....Yeah, what JohnL said... :wink:

Edited by Heidi the Pilgrim (log)

I think these Seamless Tins are exactly what you are looking for. Invest in a Brother Label maker and you're all set.

Click here to see how Martha Stewart used them (or something very similar). Her's seem to be the 4 oz tins.

Thanks for the link. I'm in the middle of revamping my pantry. At this point, herbs etc. are in sevearl spice racks, opaque medicine jars, lots of baggies, and zip lock bags, and in total disarray.There have been lots of good ideas in this thread. I love the idea of larger tins for those bulky bags of tiger lily buds, dried galanga, star anise and tree ears etc.Then using magnetic strips on the bottom.... Brilliant!