• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Geoduck Clam

Cabrales I think I got them from;

http://www.lobsterman.com/

They where live. I didn't use anything special to carry them just a couple of plastic bags, with my carry on luggage. I did ask the store how they reccomend carrying them.

Granville Island is a very short distance from the airport, on the way from almost anywhere you are coming from in Vancouver.

I was flying from Vancouver to Montreal, no customs, when the delays were minimal. I went straight to the airport and from the airport home. The travel time was about the same as a normal day going to the market.

The geoducks were then placed straight into a pot, LIVE, like any clam, added a dash of water and white wine, just enough to ensure the geoducks would not scorch, cooked untill open. I didn't want to cook them too much because they were going to be sauted after that.