• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help please

Phatlouie07

Look for a good Vernaccia. Terre di Tufi is my favorite.

"When I lived in Paris, and champagne was relatively cheap, I always enjoyed a half-bottle in the middle of the morning and another half-bottle at six or so in the evening. It did me a tremendous amount of good." - Gerald Hamilton.

We just got in an amazing white Aglianico, from Pipoli in Basilacata. 8 bucks. Apricots, spice and a dense minerality. Fabulous.

Hopwever for value, the The Three Thieves are doing a Trebbiano from Emilia Romagna. One Liter -8 bucks. Good clean light bodied Italian white that you can swig all night long.. It comes in a box, like Parmalat Tomatoes, so that can be off putting to some.

Three Thieves Info Here

Greg Smolik formerly of Sam's in Chicago is importing the Pipoli through Maverick. We sell both here at Que Syrah in Chicago, but you should be able to get info for national distribution.

over it

Look for a good Vernaccia. Terre di Tufi is my favorite.

how much would a good vernaccia or a Terre di Tufi cost? and can you get these from liquor store or do you have to go to a wine shop?

Expect to pay between $15-20 for them. If the liquor store has a very good wine selection, they should have them, otherwise go to a good wine shop.

"When I lived in Paris, and champagne was relatively cheap, I always enjoyed a half-bottle in the middle of the morning and another half-bottle at six or so in the evening. It did me a tremendous amount of good." - Gerald Hamilton.