• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cantonese Style Chinese Restaurant?

Rosie

These are the two that I used to go to when I lived in the area, but haven't been to either for a few years. Could we get some more perameters for the request? How far are they willing to drive?

Hillary's Chinese Cuisine

(973) 379-3393 201 Morris Ave

Springfield, NJ

Hunan Spring Chinese Rstrnt

(973) 379-4994 288 Morris Ave

Springfield, NJ

These are the two that I used to go to when I lived in the area, but haven't been to either for a few years. Could we get some more perameters for the request? How far are they willing to drive?

(973) 379-3393  201 Morris Ave

Springfield, NJ

(973) 379-4994  288 Morris Ave

Springfield, NJ

A friend is looking for an egg foo yong , real chow mein type of place reminscent of the Chinese food she grew up on. She is willing to drive so if you know of someplace, even if it far away, please post.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

(973) 379-3393   201 Morris Ave

Springfield, NJ

(973) 379-4994   288 Morris Ave

Springfield, NJ

A friend is looking for an egg foo yong , real chow mein type of place reminscent of the Chinese food she grew up on. She is willing to drive so if you know of someplace, even if it far away, please post.

Hillary's is now a mediocre palce called Musashi. Currently there are signs up stating "closed for renovations", but quite frankly they just look closed. No indication that construction of any kind is happening. As far as Hunan Spring, I have yet to find a better General Tso'a Chicken anywhere in the vicinity. My theory about most Chines food places, is they each have the one dish that they do well. Gen Tso' s Chix is Hunan springs sweet spot. ther is a place in Scotch Plains called Hung's Shanghai, a few doors down from the StageHouse Inn. It is VERY good Shanghai/Cantonese food. The Egg Foo is wonderfull and I betcha they make a mean Chow Mein.

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Thanks for letting us know about Hilary's. Actually, the place that we really went to a lot when I was growing up was China Sky, which was at that location before Hilary's. I always missed it whenever I drove by Hilary's.

Actually, the first place that sprang to my mind was the place in Millburn, whose name I can't recall and can't find on yp.yahoo (not JJ's, I've never been there), is the Chinese place that replaced the IHOP on Millburn Avenue. It always kept the IHOP look, but had great food, at least to my memory. Is it still there?

Actually, the first place that sprang to my mind was the place in Millburn, whose name I can't recall and can't find on yp.yahoo (not JJ's, I've never been there), is the Chinese place that replaced the IHOP on Millburn Avenue. It always kept the IHOP look, but had great food, at least to my memory. Is it still there?

You're thinking of Chan's Palace. It closed a few years back. It's now a restaurant called Sampan, which has Chinese / Thai / Japanese food.