• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chefs

spiceguy

Hi all. Although I am a new contributor to the group, I have been reading your material for a while now and have thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts on Indian food and culture. This is why I thought that this would be the perfect forum for the following:

I'm in the initial plans of opening a new concept restaurant in the Indian space. I'm interested in meeting with chefs that are interested in consulting on a simple, yet innovative menu. It will be an opportunity to be creative and a part of something very exciting. Please let me know if you, or anyone you know, is interested. Thanks.

Hi all.  Although I am a new contributor to the group, I have been reading your material for a while now and have thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts on Indian food and culture.  This is why I thought that this would be the perfect forum for the following:

I'm in the initial plans of opening a new concept restaurant in the Indian space.  I'm interested in meeting with chefs that are interested in consulting on a simple, yet innovative menu.  It will be an opportunity to be creative and a part of something very exciting.  Please let me know if you, or anyone you know, is interested.  Thanks.

Spiceguy, welcome to the India forum.

Where are you based?

Click on my user name(Episure) and view my personal details. :smile:

I fry by the heat of my pans. ~ Suresh Hinduja

http://www.gourmetindia.com

I'm in the New York area and would like to participate. Although I applaud creative/innovative approaches to food, I have to admit that I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Indian cuisine. If you're looking for the 'old school' perspective to play off of, I'd be happy to provide it.

:biggrin: I think Scott you got it right there in Indian cuisine the more traditional the better, adapting would mean losing something that is integral to the cuisine.

But nevertheless I think SpiceGuy means to put in some special twists that count in a traditional Indian cuisine way itself :huh: think of that growing in your Grandmas time how they innovated :hmmm: may be not :raz: .

Okay sounding vvery vague to myself :shock: okay but in a sense we capture the old ways in our food because transcending those simple yet unique guidelines like using a simple technique or a spice would provide no consolation to the person eating and to you the creator of the dish so rather than changing of the recipe add more twists along the way in the method of producing some slight departure I 've done so many of these departures and they provide interesting piece of literature if I start to elabourate on them.

count me in on any kind of help you need spiceguy may be not professional but in unique way I suppose, where there is no innovation and growth there is slow'th. So let me know if there is any help you need. :smile: enlist our forums help on the menu if you would be kind to include us enthusiasts in your project. Love to hear this more from other members too. :wub: