• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

After tasting the above0mentioned eggnog I found it to be missing something.

I should have guessed what it was simply by looking at the recipe!

It had no vanilla in it.  After that I added a big splash of vanilla and another big splash of bourbon.  Really good now!!!  In fact, it's so good I made up another two quarts yesterday.

I still plan on making the Everclear recipe but I'll bottle that up for next year.

Been saving my empty screw-top wine bottled for that purpose.

Here's the recipe I used: (I did find it a little heavy on the ground nutmeg so I cut that back on subsequent batches.)

5 Minute Homemade Blender Eggnog

Author: Thechunkychef.com

▢ 4 large eggs the freshest you can find
▢ 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or superfine sugar)
▢ 1/2 tsp dried nutmeg
▢ 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
▢ 3 oz cognac (about 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp)
▢ 3 oz bourbon (about 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp)
▢ 1 1/2 cups whole milk
▢ 1 cup heavy cream

(vanilla)
Instructions
Add whole eggs to blender and blend on MED speed (or LOW if you only have a HIGH and LOW setting option) for 30 seconds.
Add sugar and blend another 20 seconds.
Add nutmeg, cinnamon, cognac, bourbon, milk and heavy cream and blend until combined, about 10-15 seconds.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for a day or so to allow flavors to combine and mellow.
TO SERVE:
Eggnog may have settled in the refrigerator, so either give it a good shake or two, or pour into a mixing bowl and give it a whisk to get everything combined.
Serve with some additional grated nutmeg on top, and an optional cinnamon stick.

lindag

lindag

After tasting the above0mentioned eggnog I found it to be missing somrehing.

I should have guessed what it was simply by looking at the recipe!

It had no vanilla in it.  After that I added a big splash of vanilla and another big splash of bourbon.  Really good now!!!  In fact, it's so good I made up another two quarts yesterday.

I still plan on making the Everclear recipe but I'll bottle that up for next year.

Been saving my empty screw-top wine bottled for that purpose.