• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

10 minutes ago, TdeV said:

Thanks to @blue_dolphin's recommendation I'm planning to make some eggnog. This recipe calls for ~3 cups volume for eggnog for 2. If I want to double the recipe, can I use an immersion blender, or, should I make the drink in 2 separate batches? (My blender is 5 cups)

I'm not sure which recipe you are using. The one I recommended, Clyde Common’s Tequila-Sherry Egg Nog from Jeffery Morganthaler, calls for 12 eggs, uses a stand mixer and has an estimated yield of ~ 1 gal.  I suspect an immersion blender would work if that's what you prefer. 

Edited to add that now I see you may be following the 1/6 scale recipe he gives for 2 servings.  Sorry I missed that. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

4 minutes ago, TdeV said:

Thanks to @blue_dolphin's recommendation I'm planning to make some eggnog. This recipe calls for ~3 cups volume for eggnog for 2. If I want to double the recipe, can I use an immersion blender, or, should I make the drink in 2 separate batches? (My blender is 5 cups)

I'm not sure which recipe you are using. The one I recommended, Clyde Common’s Tequila-Sherry Egg Nog from Jeffery Morganthaler, calls for 12 eggs, uses a stand mixer and has an estimated yield of ~ 1 gal.  I suspect an immersion blender would work if that's what you prefer.