• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marlene's Kitchen Renovation

Marlene

And I get teased for using my P-Touch to label my canisters...I love it Marlene, it is just beautiful.  I'm looking forward to redoing our kitchen to, hopefully it will be in this decade!

My P-Touch is my best friend in my kitchen :smile:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

I agree that lots of outlets are important. I had two placed on either end of the vent hood over the cooktop especially for the stick blenders I use at the cooktop.

This is so handy and much safer than having the cord draped over other pots or hot burners.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

My first real entertaining in the new house. As in pull out all the stops and cook like mad. Sometimes the Kitchen Gods are just there and tonight was such a night.

My butcher excelled himself when he cut me this roast. A five bone prime rib roast, 12 lbs:

gallery_6080_1132_44980.jpg

gallery_6080_1132_35112.jpg

This roast cried out for a horseradish sauce:

gallery_6080_1132_909.jpg

the finished roast:

gallery_6080_1132_3682.jpg

gallery_6080_1132_21570.jpg

My triumph with yorkies

gallery_6080_1132_23035.jpg

glazed carrots

gallery_6080_1132_4658.jpg

Dessert. My girlfriend loves to cook. This is a banana raisin bread pudding with a caramel sauce:

gallery_6080_1132_19562.jpg

I'm done cooking

gallery_6080_1132_34259.jpg

We have a tradition with these friends. They were the first people to welcome us to our new homeon our old block with a bottle of amarone. Today they welcomed us to our new home with this.

gallery_6080_1132_43716.jpg

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.