• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

High Proof alcohol

jhlurie

So basically Adam, when you drink that stuff you could be doing something HEALTHY--preserving your own tissue instead of some on a slide, correct? :)

Yeah... we all wish it worked that way...

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

* WARNING* AVOID OPEN FLAME WHEN YOU DRINK...

I have found a rum to disprove all theories that high proof spirits are only meant for starting your camp fire and other assorted, or sordid, college pyrotechnic tricks.  Cadenhead's has recently completed a bottling of 36 year old single cask, cask strength rum from Demerara.  For all of you rum advocates out there it is a MUST HAVE.  Granted, at cask strength of 70% it has a bit of a kick.  Still, 36 years in the cask have given this rum unbelievable complexity, depth, and warmth.  I have to stop now or I may not be able to convince myself to put down this bottle... hic.   Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...