• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New editions

These are rather prosaic questions but since I consider Eating in Italy a classic, their answers will be of great interest to me

First, when do you plan on a new edition of Eating in Italy and second, do you plan on writing something on Southern Italy? Thanks.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Ciao John

I'm currently working on a cookbook but it seems that most of my travels take me to southern Italy. Expect some interesting recipes. I hope to write "Eating in Italy:The South" after I'm done. And revise the north. Both projects depend, of course, on the desires of my publisher.

a presto

Faith

These are rather prosaic questions but since I consider Eating in Italy a classic, their answers will be of great interest to me

First, when do you plan on a new edition of Eating in Italy and second, do you plan on writing something on Southern Italy?  Thanks.

Ciao John

I'm in love with Campania, the entire regiona and especially Naples. And all of Sicily. I've been spending some time in northern Puglia, near Foggia area and Gargano and can't wait to go back. And I make frequent trips to Rome, only 1 1/2 hours from Florence on the train.

a presto

Faith

What areas of the south have most intrigued you?