• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegetables and herbs

So pleased to have you spend time with us this week, Ms. Willinger. I look forward to many fine questions and answers on this forum.

Vegetables and herbs grow alongside each other then make love in the pot, the bowl and on our tongues. But some are better together, we them find more pleasing to taste and smell than others. I love the way lemon thyme brightens green beans and cinnamon basil warms a robust eggplant and tomato sauce, to name only a couple.

What are some of your favorite pairings for vegetables and herbs?

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite