• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rum tasting in the Netherlands

Rene

In April this year, Cadenhead's Amsterdam organized their first Rum tasting. John von Pey and me were there. We could taste several of the private range bottlings. Since Cadenhead's has a large private range of Rums, there's a new tasting coming up on December 10, 2004. 

This tasting is meant for all new Rum drinkers and the ones that have had a drink or 2 (or 3, 4, 9, 100 or more). This time the tasting will be on a different location. The event will be held in Eetcafe Havana at Deventerpad 24 in Almere.

The tasted Rums are all individual bottlings at drinking strength or cask strength. They are from all over the world and of different ages.

Yours truly will be there, of course. The notes and pictures will be presented on my site a.s.a.p.

The more information, the better.

Rene van Hoven

www.Rumpages.com

In April this year, Cadenhead's Amsterdam organized their first Rum tasting. John von Pey and me were there. We could taste several of the private range bottlings. Since Cadenhead's has a large private range of Rums, there's a new tasting coming up on December 10, 2004. 

This tasting is meant for all new Rum drinkers and the ones that have had a drink or 2 (or 3, 4, 9, 100 or more). This time the tasting will be on a different location. The event will be held in Eetcafe Havana at Deventerpad 24 in Almere.

The tasted Rums are all individual bottlings at drinking strength or cask strength. They are from all over the world and of different ages.

Yours truly will be there, of course. The notes and pictures will be presented on my site a.s.a.p.

Thanks for the information, Rene. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it there.

• 4 weeks later...