• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Forum is closed for new posts by members

Bux

This forum is now closed. The entire forum, questions, answers, and Harold McGee's INTRODUCTION - Cooking and Science, 1984 and 2000, will continue to be available on a read only basis in our Q&A Fridge for future reference. I'd like to thank all the members who participated here. This has been an outstanding Q&A. For that we have to offer a special thanks to Harold McGee who I know has been distracted this week, but who has nonetheless come through answering all your questions thoroughly and thoughtfully.

We'll announce the winners of the drawing to copies of On Food and Cooking shortly.

Edited by Bux (log)

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.