• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: H. Bourgeois Pouilly Fume la Porte De L'Abbay

Carema

I do not have to work until midnight tonight- nor do I have to conduct a tasting. At 7 pm I will see two lovely boys and have sushi with them. So I was bad and opened a bottle at 2pm.

Gosh this is good wine. Ruby red grapefruit and clementine dominate alongside a tongue clenching mid palate. Cheetos cheese balls are not cutting the mustard but all that is in the little office fridge is ancient mayonnaise and an over the hill honey crisp apple, neither of which will help.

Not that this wine needs help. it is as perfect as a Sb gets.

We only got a case of this. I am reticent to drag it onto the floor as it may be something I buy for myself. however others might like to share too. So I am torn.

$21.95 in Chicago in the middle of the Lakeview neighborhood, as the sky darkens and the temperatures drop.

over it