• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dried curry leaves...

Gul_Dekar

Dried curry leaves, atleast the ones I get here are not a patch on the fresh ones.

If you can get hold of a fresh lot from somewhere, remove the leaves from the stalks and microwave the leaves for a couple of minutes.Store them in an airtight container, it lasts for ages and tastes much better than the store bought dried ones. I use them this way, as I get sporadic supplies of fresh curry leaves.

Hope that helps

I have never used dried curry leaves, just fresh or frozen but I did read on an ealier thread ( pretty old) about this chef in India who manages a famous south Indian restaurant chain sprinkling dried powdered curry leaves on finished dishes for that extra flavor.

Bombay Curry Company

3110 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22305. 703. 836-6363

Delhi Club

Arlington, Virginia