• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: slkinsey's Thanksgiving Week Diary

slkinsey

My cranberry sort of did the same thing, though I didn't add sugar, so it wasn't as thick as yours, Katie. The funniest thing happened when one guest refilled her own cocktail and put the champagne in first and then added the puree... it floated in the drink like a lava lamp!

Delicious though! Thanks for the inspiration Sam. I enjoyed the whole diary and blog.

Liz Johnson

Professional:

Food Editor, The Journal News and LoHud.com

Westchester, Rockland and Putnam: The Lower Hudson Valley.

Small Bites, a LoHud culinary blog

Personal:

Sour Cherry Farm.

I HATE shopping the day before Thanksgiving!  :angry: 

Welp, I can't say my experience was as bad as yours, but it was close. Turkey Day dinner prep was divided up over two periods -- the weekend before Turkey Day and the evening prior/during Turkey Day itself. Some food shopping took place during that weekend, and let me tell you that last minute shopping at Fairway that close to the main event is NOT a good idea. I see now what El Gordo did to poor Dave. :wink:

Soba

We're currently working on selecting Sam's successor, so stay tuned.

Having trouble getting someone brave enough to follow Sam, eh? :laugh:

This really belongs on the "thread of great threads." But though I can't imagine any foodblogger ever topping this, without doubt, many interesting threads will be generated in future weeks, thanks to those intrepid souls who will open up their kitchens for our entertainment and edification. A salute to them all!

Michael aka "Pan"

Just a few more pictures by popular demand, then I'm handing over the reins. These address the question of my culinary roots and the the depth of my entertaining experience...

gallery_8505_390_1101857521.jpg

I am a foodie from way back

gallery_8505_390_1101857390.jpg

I was often to be seen about the kitchen

gallery_8505_390_1101857417.jpg

As you can see, I am quite the dinner party veteran

gallery_8505_390_1101857489.jpg

Yea, I've been hitting the sauce for a few years, too

gallery_8505_390_1101857355.jpg

Although it did take me a few years before I could hold my liquor

gallery_8505_390_1101857106.jpg

But at least I've always been able to appreciate a good bottle of Haut Brion (that's my father in the back)

Thanks, everyone!

--

We're currently working on selecting Sam's successor, so stay tuned.

Having trouble getting someone brave enough to follow Sam, eh? :laugh:

Heh.

No, I have a feeling you'll all be just as enthused and enthralled with his successor.

Thanks, Sam.

Join us in a few short hours when the next installment of the eG Foodblog takes a look at the secret life of milk and cheese.

Soba