• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spanish Olive Oil & Canned Food?

Great list - do you have any ideas for finding great olive oils and tuna in Andalucia - Particularly Sevilla or Costa del Sol.

Thanks,

In Sevilla here's a market on the Triana side of the Puente Isabel II. It's on the right as you cross to Triana. There's a larger market on main side of the river, but it didn't seem as active. I also recall some rather fancy food boutiques in Sevilla where we picked up some canned goods, but I don't have any addresses.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

In Seville for a selection of fine olive oils from Andalucia you should go to a shop called La Delicia del Barrio at Calle Mateos Gagos, 15. Probably the best place to eat tuna in the south of Spain is along the coastline between Cadiz and Tarifa, especially in the spring between April and early June. This is when the blue-fin tuna migrate to their spawning grounds in the Mediterranean and are caught using the ancestral method of the almadraba. A few restaurants that you might wish to try are Restaurante El Campero (Avenida de la Constitución, local 5c) in the town of Barbate and Casa José María (Plaza Marqués de Tamarón) in Zahara de los Atunes.

La Delicia del Barrio actually sounds familiar and looking at the street on the map, it could well have been the shop we discovered on our strolls.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.