• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

who sells good turkey?

bronihk

i'm cooking an early thanksgiving for friends this sunday and need to buy a big turkey (probably having about 20 people). i bought an excellent one from the union sq farmer's market last year but am totally forgetting who it was from and i need to call ahead to order (i think). anyone have ideas as to where i could order one from and pick up somewhere in manhattan?

thanks.

The people at the Union Square greenmarket were probably Quattro Farms.

yep, that was it. couldn't remember for the life of me. thanks. if anyone has a better suggestion for a good place to buy a whole bird, do let me know. although i was quite pleased with this one last year.

when I called Citarella to order my Thanksgiving bird yesterday (we order an 18-20 pounder free range) they told me there's a problem getting larger birds this year, and that they can't guarantee anything over 18, and that even those might be hard to come by.. something weather related.. anyone hear anything about this??