• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bacon Reloaded

scott123

i'm willing to wager that bacon bits would go well on Kimchi

Yes. Wonderfully. In fact a hamurger with kimchi and bacon is gorgeous.

But I think I know what Eunny means about the year-old kimchi.

New, bubbly, lightly tangy kimchi - sure. It's like a pickle, only tastier. And that hamburger does sound good (deviant that I am, I'd put a fried egg on it, too).

Fierce, long-buried sour stuff that's nothing but dark muddy undertones - great on rice, not so good on the breakfast table next to a plate of bacon. You hear me, Mom?

i revise my former opinion...i will attempt a bacon-chocolate cake sometime in the near future; furthermore, i believe a bacon, lobster and warm peanut butter sandwich could quite possibly be the key to peace among men... :smile:

How about a grilled bacon, lobster and warm peanut butter sandwich?

Sounds messy. What about deep frying it instead? After all, Elvis' favorite sandwich was a deep-fried banana and peanut butter sandwich...I bet he just never thought of putting bacon into it too... :laugh:

Elvis' favorite sandwich was a grilled PB&B.

Which, according to the Presley Family Cookbook, he grilled in bacon fat. So he wasn't that far off.

I'm sure you're right, but my first thought went to a bacon chicken teriyaki.

Why not just bacon teriyaki. Forget the chicken.

Sure. Samgyeopsal (Korean bacon) is often done on a tabletop grill as one would kalbi or bulgogi.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

how about a grilled bacon, lobster, peanut butter, and cheese sandwich? :smile: I'd bite...

Nah, the cheese would overwhelm the delicate nuances of the peanut butter :raz: .

How about homemade bead and butter pickles instead? :rolleyes:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

how about a grilled bacon, lobster, peanut butter, and cheese sandwich? :smile: I'd bite...

Hmmmm... could you be more specific as to which kind of cheese?

The lobster and peanut butter is a tough call. It's a bit of a stretch, but maybe it works on a Pad Thai kind of level. Veering in that direction, something sour might help to balance things like a lime/tamarind chutney.

Bacon, lobster, peanut butter and lime/tamarind chutney on rice bread - grilled?

The lobster and peanut butter is a tough call. It's a bit of a stretch, but maybe it works on a Pad Thai kind of level. Veering in that direction, something sour might help to balance things like a lime/tamarind chutney.

Bacon, lobster, peanut butter and lime/tamarind chutney on rice bread - grilled?

i thought about that actually because when i ate at trio one of the dishes was lobster with peanut butter, bread and iced tea poured over the whole shebang...there were a couple other things going on, but i canna remember them...it was REALLY GOOD though...

i love that scene from the simpsons where honer makes bart wrap the bacon around his stick of butter before eating it...or was it sausage... :biggrin: yum!