• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Golden Dynasty

fatcatbrew

...then off to the Endless Vine for some live music afterwards.

Endless Vine? Never heard of it, but I'm always looking for more places with live music. TELL! TELL! :wink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Tommy,

Some friends and I will be checking it out on Thursday night then off to the Endless Vine for some live music afterwards.

you still haven't gotten to china 46 yet, have you. :sigh:

curlz, the endless vine is a wine store in franklin lakes that seems to double as a social club/wine bar of sorts.

http://www.endlessvine.com

Cool. Thanks, Tommy!!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

I believe the name of the prior establishment was Grosso's Deli.

The restaurant that just moved in is

Golden Dynasty

825 Franklin Lakes Road (Next to Market Basket)

Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417

Their website is:  http://www.goldendynastynj.com

The menu looks extremely ORDINARY, like a take-out with high prices. Looks like a must to avoid....

If this place is anything like the place in Hillsdale its a nice fancy Chinese American place that you can take your grandmother or aunt to. A better choice would be Canton Garden on Chestnut Ridge Road in Montvale. Its in the same shopping center as Gen, a very good Japanese restaurant. Canton Garden has dim sum on the weekends starting at 11am and gets very crowded but is worth the trip. Their regular menu is generally Cantonese.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

Why mess around with these places? For REAL Chinese food, go to the fabulous China 46, or also Hunan Cottage in Fairfield (Ask for the Chinese menu). Or, if pan-Asian will do, go to the venerable Saigon in Englewood....

fatcat, i'm looking forward to hearing if this place was just ORDINARY and a MUST AVOID.  :laugh:

how as the food?  and the endless vine?  and the blues guy?

I am going tonight and will let you know . I've seen the band perform many times. They are good, and are all friends of Mark Skanga who played for us at The Village Green back in May.

Edited by fatcatbrew (log)

fatcat, i'm looking forward to hearing if this place was just ORDINARY and a MUST AVOID.  :laugh:

how as the food?  and the endless vine?  and the blues guy?

They are good, and are all friends of Mark Skanga who played for us at The Village Green back in May.

THAT makes it more enticing!!

I am going tonight and will let you know .  I've seen the band perform many times.  They are good, and are all friends of Mark Skanga who played for us at The Village Green back in May.

i'm out of my mind. i thought this morning was tomorrow morning. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

but since i didn't miss it, maybe i'll check it out.

Edited by tommy (log)

Why mess around with  these places?  For REAL Chinese food, go to the fabulous China 46, or also Hunan Cottage in Fairfield (Ask for the Chinese menu).  Or, if pan-Asian will do, go to the venerable Saigon in Englewood....

If you haven't been to these restautrants why comment? I've been to China 46 and Canton Garden many times and they are two different birds. Both are top notch in what they do. Maybe its time for a dinner there.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

• 1 month later...

The Endless Vine and music was allot of fun. The Golden Dynasty however needs allot of polish. It wasn't so horrible that I will never go back, however, I want to wait a little while until they get their act together. Regardless of their food or service, they will do well there if only for the fact of having a great location and filling a needed niche.

• 2 weeks later...

The Golden Dynasty however needs allot of polish.

I am new to Egullet. Want to add my 2 cents on Golden Dynasty. Been there at least a half dozen times since it opened. (it's around the corner from my house). It is officially horrible. Will not go back unless forced.

Starving in Franklin Lakes :laugh:

Holly