• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bourdain is coming to Toronto

Barb

Indigo at Yonge & Eglinton December 4th at noon. Vancouver e-Gulleters rolled out the red carpet for him. Are there any plans to do the same here? We’re the Center of the Universe :raz: Are we going to let them outdo us?

I unfortunately will be out of town that day. Rats. I would've killed (well almost) for a chance to me Tony.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Indigo at Yonge & Eglinton December 4th at noon. Vancouver e-Gulleters rolled out the red carpet for him. Are there any plans to do the same here? We’re the Center of the Universe  Are we going to let them outdo us?

Montreal showed him a pretty good time as well.

Good luck outdoing the poutine with foie gras and his night on The Main! :wink:

Indigo at Yonge & Eglinton December 4th at noon. Vancouver e-Gulleters rolled out the red carpet for him. Are there any plans to do the same here? We’re the Center of the Universe  Are we going to let them outdo us?

Montreal showed him a pretty good time as well.

Good luck outdoing the poutine with foie gras and his night on The Main! :wink:

Light-weights! :wink::laugh:

A.

Count me in. Hey, I could meet the venerable Gordon Cooks and Bourdain in one day???? Get the booze flowing now -- training time. :laugh:

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

So do we even know for sure that if we plan something he'll participate? If he's coming to a Chapters it sounds like a book signing. In Vancouver, it was more than just a book signing, wasn't it?

You know, we could try and lure him to one of Toronto's finest sushi restaurants and see if we can get his support against the government's attempts at instituting those new regulations.

-- Jason

Count me in.  Hey, I could meet the venerable Gordon Cooks and Bourdain in one day????  Get the booze flowing now -- training time. :laugh:

...Venerable...truly spoken by some who has never met me :biggrin:

It's amazing the insight one can acquire from eG :raz:

Count me in.  Hey, I could meet the venerable Gordon Cooks and Bourdain in one day????  Get the booze flowing now -- training time. :laugh:

...Venerable...truly spoken by some who has never met me :biggrin:

It's amazing the insight one can acquire from eG :raz:

I agree - please keep in mind that the internet adds 10 lbs.

What is the likelihood of organizing a eG cocktail/dinner after with Tony? Anybody have any contacts?

What is the likelihood of organizing a eG cocktail/dinner after with Tony?  Anybody have any contacts?

I would attend if something was organized.

And help as needed.

Perhaps we could get some clues from Jamie Maw of how he got AB to attend.

Or is he taken with some Heather Reisman event after the signing?

The Vancouver evening set a very high standard despite not being center (centre)of the universe. We will have to work hard.

I think I heard that Bourdain is scheduled to appear live on Christine Cushing Live(Food Network Canada) Thursday Dec 2/2004. He should be taking some calls from viewers across Canada.

OMG! Talk about leading a lamb to the slaughter ... or in this case bringing the wolf to the lamb! Set your VCR's folks ... that should be fun!

Sorry, I did see the group effort.

And would have liked to be there.

But how exactly do we contact AB or his "people" to arrange?

Honestly it started with a PM to the man himself. nwyles & Chef Fowke are both local chefs (no duh!) so when they asked it had a lot of clout ... Tony kinda respects chefs :cool: We also had a connection with the people who had arranged the events at The Opus and Bar None.

I wouldn't bombard the man with PM's. Pick a single representative amongst your group. He's was very accommodating with us, especially after a busy visit to Montreal, and a full day in Vancouver the day before. He was tired to be sure. But oh so very cool!

Good luck!

A.

If something is set up, please keep us notified.

Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Ham?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Pork chops?

Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.

Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal. (The Simpsons)