• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Turkey Leftovers

Deborah

My favorite use for turkey breast is on a sandwich, spread with curry spread (a mix of mayo, chili sauce, Worcestershire, curry powder, assorted other spices). On white bread.

Small bits and the dark meat will go into a pot pie, tetrazzini, maybe turkey spaghetti, maybe turkey noodle soup.

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

7 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I love a plain old cold turkey, mayo, S&P, lettuce on white bread sandwich, but this was my dinner last night and is my favorite sandwich in the world:

IMG_4112.jpg.beb8fd7dcc0dfa0dca045204db047a1d.jpg

Hot turkey, dressing, and gravy on white bread.  My gravy was a little thin this year, but tasted great.

Perfection!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, robirdstx said:

Thank you, so do I! I bought it several years ago from the potter who made it. It has a matching lid, too. She called it a soup bowl and said she made it specifically to be used in the microwave.

Love it too - I was just going to ask about microwave. 

Didn't cook a turkey, so can a chicken sneak in here as Thanksgiving leftover?    -> chicken with chive dumplings.    Carcass stock, kiss of heavy cream, cubed dark and light meat, ethereal dumplings using self-rising flour, grated frozen butter, chives, water.   Easy-peasy yet absolutely delicious.   

eGullet member #80.

Miss the carcass for stock the most. I always volunteered if at another person's house - to remove the useable meat for them, and "unburden" them of the carcass.  Always got a vigorous yes! As to dumplings - I am not in the ethereal camp. I do like to keep matzo ball mix on hand and lean towards a firmer ball. Great in that turkey broth. 

22 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

@Margaret Pilgrimit's hard not to want an ethereal dumpling. How do you make them?

SO easy, and one of my first adventures with self-rising flour.

Grate 75gr frozen butter

into   150gr self-rising flour

Add several tablespoons chopped chives (or herb of your choice, or horseradish)

Moisten with two tablespoons water, adding more in order to form a light dough.

Gently form into balls and float onto liquid/meats.

Cook covered for about 15 minutes, about 10 more uncovered.  

eGullet member #80.