• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kitchen Equipment

itch22

• 2 weeks later...

There are two different Nellas operating in Toronto. They may be family members of the same family.

One is the knife company and the store to the east (Queen East?) and the other is that store on Bathurst called Nella Cucina. They almost have the same logo, maybe a partnership split?

Siri

user posted image

• 10 months later...

It's the answer to a long old question, but I'd throw in Dinetz in Toronto, on the south side of King across from George Brown College (just west of Sherbourne). I'll spare you their ultra cheesy website, but it's a good place. Unfortunately only open 9-5 and during the week (no weekend hours).

• 1 month later...
Where would you recommend buying an authentic, quality wok, in Toronto?

I recommend Tap Phong, in Chinatown On Spadina (360 Spadina Ave), between St. Andrew's St. and Baldwin St. I know they sell a lot of woks/wok rings, and other cooking utensils (not just Asian/Chinese), appliances, earthenware. I've purchased many kitchen items there, and they're quite inexpensive.

Where would you recommend buying an authentic, quality wok, in Toronto?

I recommend Tap Phong, in Chinatown On Spadina (360 Spadina Ave), between St. Andrew's St. and Baldwin St. I know they sell a lot of woks/wok rings, and other cooking utensils (not just Asian/Chinese), appliances, earthenware. I've purchased many kitchen items there, and they're quite inexpensive.

I second Tap Phong. The best store for asian cooking supplies. Great assortment of woks too, every shape and size.

Mark

I bought one from Chan Chi Kee in Pacific Mall (NE corner Kennedy/Steeles) and it's served me well for a number of years. It does require a lot of maintenance (scrubbing with steel wool, washing, and then drying it and oiling it, plus a bit of seasoning at startup), but hey, you did say authentic after all :)