• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

20 lbs. green and red grapes leftover

reuvens

I don' t have any recipes but you could always freeze them and then use snack on them in winter....... or use them as ice cubes in fun cocktails to avoid the winter blues. I know you said 20 lbs and that might be a lot to freeze......but you could do a few bags of them that way. Just a thought.

If you have a dehydrator, homemade raisins are much tastier than those hard dried little rabbit turds they pass off in the littel red boxes.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

If you have a dehydrator, homemade raisins are much tastier than those hard dried little rabbit turds they pass off in the littel red boxes.

You can also dry them in your oven if you have a very low setting (140 degrees).

Wash and dry them, twist them off the stems and put them on a cooling rack over a tray as they may drip a bit and put them in the oven. If they are fairly large they will take about three days to fully dehydrate.

I dry the large seedless red grapes that are extra sweet and they turn out like candy.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I am sitting on 20 lbs grapes green/red from a catering and i just can´t decide what to do. i would like to preserve/conserve the whole batch for the winter. any recipes/ideas?

Certainly you could turn those grapes into jam, jelly (flavored with Cointreau), and/or preserves. Also consider the possiblity of using some of them to make sorbets; sunken-grape coffee cakes; a stuffing for roast duck or poultry; adding red ones to braised oxtail; pickling both red-&-green grapes in rice vinegar; tossed onto a prosciutto pizza; as well as a refreshingly delicious grape Bavaroise.

"Dinner is theater. Ah, but dessert is the fireworks!" ~ Paul Bocuse

I've made a tart with red grapes before. I did it because I had no fruit at home and I needed to make a tart. I seeded the grapes and then distributed them in an almond cream (like for a tarte bourdaloue). It was tasty.

Roohi