• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kaffir lime trees sources/growing

lovebenton0

Ok, so how cool is this... My nephew and his wife recently visited. I made Green Wrapped Flavor Bundles from HSSS and they absolutely loved the dish. As a thank you, they sent a Kaffir Lime Tree. I cannot imagine a better gift.

If anyone is still looking for a source, they ordered it from Smith and Hawken.

- kim

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

People who live in California cannot get citrus trees from out of state. However there is a grower in Visalia who has a terrific variety of citrus trees. The little Kaffir lime I got from them is doing nicely.GrowQuest.com

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

The nice folks at Four Winds Growers are also available within California and can ship to any state except AZ, FL or TX.

I got a Dwarf Meyer Lemon from them and it has done really well. Another friend of mine shipped two of their Kaffir Lime tress to her Mom in Colorado and was quite pleased with their service.

---

Erik Ellestad

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck...

Bernal Heights, SF, CA