• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bottin demotes Ducasse/Moret

John Talbott

I thought this interesting enough to not wait til the "Digest" was posted later today:

François Simon’s “Croque Notes” article which he subtitles “ The Farce of the Food Guidebooks,” notes “the surprise of the century” - that Bottin will demote the “number one” (sic) Le Plaza Athénée whether run by Alain Ducasse or Christophe Moret (no matter which) from four to three points (e.g. stars) while promoting Jean-Georges Klein of L'Arnsbourg in Baerenthal in the Moselle and Eric Briffard of the Elysées du Vernet in the 8th. This was confirmed by AFP Sunday in a Voila.fr posting.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Thanks for the info. I was always suspicious of Morin as the successor for Piege.

Do you know what are the 4 stars in France?

I also (wrongly)thought Bottin favored classical cuisine. L'Arnsbourg promotion shows that this is not true. Are you aware of some stylistic preferences on their part?

Personally, I agree with the promotion of Yannick Alleno but desserts are not yet on par with the mains.

Thanks for the info.  I was always suspicious of Morin as the successor for Piege.

Do you know what are the 4 stars in France?

Sorry to be unable to answer, I just read the story coming to the US on the plane and didn't buy the Bottin yet.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris