• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amaro sellers online

NickV

Does anyone have any recs for sites with good selections of amaro? I've tried a few from my local liquor stores, but they're a bit limited--Averna, Fernet Branca, not much more. I'd like to find a site that can tell me a little bit about the products as well. Not that the posts and articles here havn't been helpful. They have. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

On Dr. Cocktail's recommendation I ordered from a place in New York City called Vino Italian Wine and Spirits. He'd whipped up a new concoction (still nameless last I'd heard) that called for Amaro Cora, or Cora bitters as they were referred to that evening. I'd never even heard of the stuff, but one quaff and I ended up ordering two bottles of it.

They have an excellent selection of amari on this page at their site.

They're very nice folks, will take your order via phone and ship almost immediately thereafter.

Chuck

Chuck Taggart

The Gumbo Pages, New Orleans / Los Angeles

"New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin." - Mark Twain, 1884

Bia agus deoch, ceol agus craic.