• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tonights menu

In our household, tonights menu will be pizza (lukewarm, I'm sure) and hot dogs at the elementary school fundraiser. It's for a good cause.

What's on your menu tonight, and how did you decide what to do with what you had?

Further to this, let's say something doesn't sell as well as you want. What do you do with it?

Finally, I'm not sure how long your week lasts, Chef, and want to thank you ever so much for continuing the tradition of fabulous Q & A's. Thanks for expanding my horizon.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

In our household, tonights menu will be pizza (lukewarm, I'm sure) and hot dogs at the elementary school fundraiser.  It's for a good cause.

What's on your menu tonight, and how did you decide what to do with what you had?

Further to this, let's say something doesn't sell as well as you want.  What do you do with it?

Finally, I'm not sure how long your week lasts, Chef, and want to thank you ever so much for continuing the tradition of fabulous Q & A's.  Thanks for expanding my horizon.

Well first, mymneu is large. Let me see if I can post it here

PACIFIC SUN FISH

ON ASIAN VEGETABLES WITH GINGER-MUSHROOM CONSOMMÉ AND CRISPY GARLIC

OR

PUMPKIN VELOUTE

WITH PINE MUSHROOMS, POACHED QUAIL EGG, ZUCCHINI PUREE AND BROWNED BUTTER

OR

SNAKE RIVER FARMS KOBE HANGAR STEAK

WITH FINGERLING POTATO SALAD, SWEET SLAW AND BARBECUE VINAIGRETTE

OR

KUROBOUTA PORK TENDERLOIN

WITH OKINAWA SWEET POTATO, GRILLED MIXED ONIONS, APPLE JELLY AND BRAISED APPLES

OR

MAINE LOBSTER

SOUS VIDE, MELTED SAVOY CABBAGE, SALSIFY AND SERRANO HAM VINAIGRETTE

LOCAL TAUTAUG

GRILLED ON MIXED SQUASHES WITH TINY TOMATO CONFIT AND FRESH RADISHES

OR

BAGADEUCE RIVER OYSTER

CHOWDER WITH BACON, FENNEL, GREENS AND OTHERS

OR

ORGANIC RABBIT LOIN

ON BLACK EYED PEAS WITH RABBIT CONFIT RAGOUT, FALL PLUMS AND GARLIC-HOISEN SAUCE

OR

FOIE GRAS

ON SEPTEMBER PEACHES POACHED IN ICE WINE, VANILLA AND SPICES WITH PICKLED MUSHROOMS

OR

FOUR STORY HILLS SQUAB

ROTISSERIE ON MUSHROOM TART WITH BABY LEEKS, TOMATOES AND CHINESE SPICY ORANGE SAUCE

“CALOTTE” OF SNAKE RIVER FARMS KOBE

WITH BRAISED PEARL ONIONS, NUGGET POTATOES, CHANTERELLES AND BORDELAISE SAUCE

OR

NEW YORK PHEASANT

WITH MUSHROOM DUXELLE, GLAZED CHIPPOLI ONIONS AND PICKLED HUCKLEBERRY JUS

OR

ELYSIAN FIELDS LAMB LOIN

ON CASSOLETTE WITH SHAVED TRUFFLES AND TRUFFLE JUS

OR

WALLEYE PIKE

ON PAD THAI NOODLES WITH CRAB SPRING ROLL AND SWEET THAI SAUCE

OR

HAWAIIAN AHI TUNA

SERVED RARE ON GREEN LENTILS AND SHAVED VEGETABLES WITH FOIE GRAS AND MADEIRA REDUCTION

CHEESE COURSE

ENGLISH STILTON

WITH PRUNES, WALNUTS AND PORT

OR

EPOISSES

WITH ORGANIC BEETS, TRUFFLE VINAIGRETTE AND BRIOCHE

does this help? we also do a 8 course tasting and a 12 course chefs table

Also when something doesnt sell, I redo the menu the next day anyway so I just change the preperation or set for it.

It has been my pleasure to be here. Thank you alot, all of you for being so kind with the questions. All the best

Edited by Richard Hamilton (log)

Wow. It's making that cheap, supermarket hot dog sound all the worse. I'm drooling over the hangar and the oyster chowder.

The walleye sort of got me. From whence the walleye? I don't believe it is native to your area, but I could be wrong. The only walleye we will eat is that we catch up at our Cabin (or close environs). We sort of have a thing about wild game :shock: .

Wow.  It's making that cheap, supermarket hot dog sound all the worse.  I'm drooling over the hangar and the oyster chowder.

The walleye sort of got me.  From whence the walleye?  I don't believe it is native to your area, but I could be wrong.  The only walleye we will eat is that we catch up at our Cabin (or close environs).  We sort of have a thing about wild game  :shock: .

Walleye comes form the great lakes of Michigan and up around canada. we have a hotel up there. I go and fish in that area and fell in love with this fish. Its great this time of year.

We have our best luck fishing walleyes with worm harnesses. You? Glad you fish. Does your son like to fish?

Assuming that you catch walleye and cook them for your family, what is your method?

We have our best luck fishing walleyes with worm harnesses.  You?  Glad you fish.  Does your son like to fish?

Assuming that you catch walleye and cook them for your family, what is your method?

We both fish together. He likes to fish except when it cold.

we also use worms but live mainly and we also have used stink bait.

As far as prep, he likes his with cornmeal and i like mine sauteed till crisp, because i like the skin very crisp. He likes tartare sauce and I like just a bit of lemon or even a mixture of soy wassabi