• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican Coke Trafficking

Jason Perlow

Jeff, thanks for the tip, I checked Kroger's last night. They didn't have it but I didn't leave empty handed, they stock Jarritos. I'll check the Randall's down the street.

Finally bought a bottle of coke with sugar at a local fruit market ($1.19 I think for cute little glass bottle). Did a side by side comparison with regular coke and...I don't get it. :( I mean, it's good but I barely detected a difference to be quite honest. Certainly wasn't the earthshattering revelation I was expecting. Ah, well...

Re: locating Mexican Coke, the HEB's up here in B/CS all stock them, as well as the entire Jarritos line and some Boylan's products as well (though not the Cola, gotta go to World Market for that).

Andy, thanks I'll check an HEB next time I go by one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...