• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beard Papa's Cream Puffs

Randi

I just recently heard about these delights - has anyone tried them?

Beard Papa's Cream Puffs

A review of them here

Yummmm

I wonder if they will rival the "bud-gasmic" Boston Creams of the Heritage Bakery in Matawan? The filling sounds very similar (combination custard/whipped cream)

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

I tried a green tea filled puff. The choux pastry had been sitting a while, but it was still good and crispy. I went at 1PM on Friday to the newly opened Astor location in NY; it was pretty obvious that business isn't too good. It's impossibly messy, and I tried to look my best as the filling gushed from everywhere. People say the filling isn't sweet enough, but I really like the subtle sweetness and flavor. Then again, I have "Chinese tastebuds".

Hi Randi

Where is Heritage Bakery located? I live in Aberdeen and I wouldn't mind going there to check out the Boston Creams.

The Heritage Bakery is at 319 Broad Street in Matawan. Their phone number is (732) 566-6720. The Boston Creams are to die for. But, beware their other baked good - when they are fresh they are very good, but we have had some problem lately with stale cakes. Just a heads up.

donut1sm.jpg

donut2sm.jpg

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

• 7 months later...

Has anyone been to their new place at the Garden State Plaza (Paramus) or have they not open yet?

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler