• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saturday Night Advice

GrubGuy

My wife and I have been back from our honeymoon for just about a month now, and the whirlwind that greeted us has been unbelievable. Though we love to cook, we were thinking of stepping out Saturday night, to have a nice, relaxing meal, with no prep work and no clean-up. We live in Basking Ridge, thought traveling to Berkley Heights, Somerville, etc. is certainly an option. We wouldn't mind hopping in the car for a moderate drive this weekend (1/2 hour or so). We welcome any and all suggestions.

Having just returned from Napa Valley with 3 cases of wine, BYOB suggestions are also very welcomed.

Thank you everyone in advance for your help.

A few Morristown BYO suggestions...

Origin French Thai on South Street (almost to The Green) is supposed to be terrific; haven't been yet. Can't find a web site either, which is odd...

Tim Schafer's Cuisine on Speedwell Ave (across from HQ Plaza) has always been a favorite of mine, 'tho it's been almost a year since I was last there. In particular, I enjoy going there in the fall/winter!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I went to this restaurant once and remember it to be a nice, cute BYOB. I've pasted part of a prior post so you can have all the info you need. Hopefully, it helps.

...Restaurant 89, 899 Mountain Ave, Mountainside (908-233-2355) is under the direction of owner Richard Grignon and chef Albert Barker both formerly from Le Petit Chateau.

Susan

Mojave Grill is a great choice! Get the shredded pork entree if it's on the menu!! :wub:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."