• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'97 Merlot

Phatlouie07

...and it's pretty much unused.

??? :huh:

Yeah, my eyebrown went up as well...

Phatlouie07, are you telling us you have a OPENED bottle? And if so, how long has been open (not from 1997, I hope!)...

Okay, now tell us the vintner -- as opposed to cooking with it, the bottle might be an exceptional drinking bottle ('97 was an exceptional year in Napa and Sonoma)! If so, cooking with it would hardly be the best thing for it.

Okay, now tell us the vintner -- as opposed to cooking with it, the bottle might be an exceptional drinking bottle ('97 was an exceptional year in Napa and Sonoma)! If so, cooking with it would hardly be the best thing for it.

the vinter is Kendall Jackson.

There are several different KJ Merlots, if it says Buckeye Vineyard on the label then drink it, otherwise I'd use it to make a sauce for a rib roast or some steaks.

There are several different KJ Merlots, if it says Buckeye Vineyard on the label then drink it, otherwise I'd use it to make a sauce for a rib roast or some steaks.

yeah, it did say buckeye vineyard. brother's birthday is tonight, i'll put it to good use.