• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NYTimes Dining Section, Wednesday Oct 27

esperanza

The lead article in the NYTimes Wednesday (October 27) Dining section, both in print and on line, will be about Pátzcuaro, the Day of the Dead, and some traditional foods.

Look for some quotes by yours truly. The reporter asked me to give him a food tour in Pátzcuaro last month. We had a great time and ate a little of everything.

Esperanza (Cristina)

Edited by esperanza (log)

What's new at Mexico Cooks!?

Hola Esperanza,

I was in Pátzcuaro a few years ago researching a story on the pescado blanco for Slow Magazine (Slow Food) and fell in love with place so I'll look forward to your article. I too loved the food, especially the corundas! Hopefully your article will be on-line. Can you please post the link when it is published.

In the meantime you might be interested in this photo essay which my wife Kim put together from our visit: Pescado blanco - myth and reality.

Hasta luego

Marc

Esperanza, No better forum than the New York Times. What fun it must have been. And for goodness sake, don't let this story languish here in the Mexico section. Put it in the Food Media (or whatever it's called) section tomorrow. If you don't, I will.

Cheering you on,

Rachel

Rachel Caroline Laudan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Esperanza, I live in NY, read the NY Times article and sent it to all my friends. Not only did I love the article, but my father was born in Patzcuaro and I have been there a million times (have you visited the new hotel at Ibarra #15? that was my father's house)...love the town, the food, the pescado blanco and "charales." Hope to see you there one of this days.

This is my first post ever and I just want to say that I love this forum.

Luis

How cool, Esperanza. Congratulations! I look forward to the article tomorrow. I live for the Wednesday N.Y. Times.

s

Edited by luismi (log)

And interestingly, the NY Times story got picked up by the food page of the Mexico City newspaper, El Monitor. So Esperanza your good wok's gone full circle!

Oh and good to have you posting Luismi! Look forward to more of your Mexican-US perspective,

Rachel

Rachel Caroline Laudan