• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants in the 16th

Felice

My boss has just sent me the following email request:

can you come up with a fun/tasty resto a reasonable distance from here for our lunch on Thursday

Our office is in the 16th, between La Muette and the RER station Henri Martin.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not so sure about our price range, but I would say not too expensive. So, Astrance and La Table de Robuchon are out.

Off the top of my head I was thinking Natachef.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Merci!

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

My boss has just sent me the following email request:

can you come up with a fun/tasty resto a reasonable distance from here for our lunch on Thursday

Our office is in the 16th, between La Muette and the RER station Henri Martin.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not so sure about our price range, but I would say not too expensive. So, Astrance and La Table de Robuchon are out.

Off the top of my head I was thinking Natachef.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Merci!

A new restaurant Le frugier,137 ave versailles may be the answer.See my review of a few weeks ago.

Sounds like you need something in a hurry so here are a few personal choices.

A safe choice is La Gare which is just across the road from La Muette metro. It's an old railway station and makes an interesting conversion. It's crowded at lunch time but it always seems possible to get a table. It will be full of well heeled and stylish bourgeoisies who typify the 16th - athmosphere can be described as animée and your boss will feel like he's really in Paris. Food is standard enough but not bad – poulet de Bresse, carré d'agneau, etc – but they have memorable mashed potatoes. Wine list is short and safe. Cost should be not more than €35 to €40 a head and he'll be back in the office at a reasonable time. It's somewhere I go to regularly for exactly that reason.

You could also have a look at Le Scheffer on rue Scheffer, just a few steps from Ave. Paul Doumer. This is smaller so you should book. The place is more traditional and also popular with locals. Prices are around the same.

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions. My boss has already been to La Gare, and so I have made us a reservation at Le Frugier and will let you know how it was.

The others were new to me as well, so I will keep them in mind for another time.

Thanks to Pierre I went to Restaurant Frugier yesterday for lunch and enjoyed it very much. The décor is simple, without being plain. A sort of smart, slightly modern bistro. The menu, which is written up on a black-board, was either 24€ for an entrée, plat, or 29€ for entrée, plat, dessert. There are also a few items which have a supplement, making the price a bit higher.

I started with a lightly fried tempura de crevettes et encornets (calamari) with what I think was a remolade sauce. This was followed by scallops from Saint Malo with a lemon butter. The scallops surrounded a bed of what I thought was a sort of soft black rice. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask what it was but it was delicious. Dessert was a very good warm chocolate cake.

My dining partner had a crab salade over a concassee of articokes with travers de cochon aux poives (spare ribs) and enjoyed both very much.

It was definitely worth going to if you are in the area.

Restaurant Frugier

137 avenue de Versailles