• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cafe Maxx (Pompano Bch) or 32 East (Delray Bch)?

Susan

I have always enjoyed Cafe Maxx. Never been to the other so I can not say about that one.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I was in Florida about a month ago and noticed that Cafe Maxx was closed for renovations. Don't know exactly what that means as I would like to have a dollar for every restaurant that was closed for renovations that never re-opened. In any event, you should look into whether it has re-opened.

By the way, I went there several years ago and it was terrific.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know when you're going (maybe I'm too late) - but Cafe Maxx isn't worth the trip from Singer Island (sometimes I think it's barely worth a trip from Lighthouse Point - and I doubt there's a single restaurant in south Florida that's worth an hour+ drive). I'd stick with restaurants in the Palm Beach area. Robyn