• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taipei

your boy will have an incredibly easy time. If he wants- he can just go to the Buddhist temple and eat there for free at meal times. Otherwise, usually when you enter the restaurants or if you're joining some occasion, you'll be asked at the entrance whether you are vegetarian or not and if you are, you will be ushered to the vegetarian section. I like the way they do that.

Definitely try all their moon cakes, cho tofu/stinky tofu (smells disgusting, but tastes real good, trust me- and I like to smell everything before putting it into my mouth), their sweet stuff like hopia, their baos/breads.. good luck!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not sure if I should post here or start a new thread, but here goes...

We'll be in Taipei at the end of December, and are looking for any recommendations on places to eat. Seems like Din Tai Fung is one definite place to visit, but are there any others? I haven't seen anyone reporting recently on Taipei, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I will be in Taipei in two weeks, and I am looking for information on where to find some unique/affordable tableware, dishware, pots/pans, utensils, etc. Is there a cluster of shops in some neighborhood that specializes in these thing?

I appreciate all replies.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...