• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dim Sum in Verona?

larryc

I was driving through Verona yesterday, and I noticed a restaurant called "Dim Sum", located at 575 Bloomfield Av. Has anyone been there? Is it any good?

My regular restaurant for Dim Sum is Noodle Chu, but I wouldn't mind finding an alternate.

Larry

My regular restaurant for Dim Sum is Noodle Chu, but I wouldn't mind finding an alternate.

Have you been to China 46 yet, Larry? I just posted about their brunch...check it out!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Have you been to China 46 yet, Larry?  I just posted about their brunch...check it out!

Yes, I have tried China 46 and thought it was quite good. However, it's a bit of a drive for me. (Hence my question about the Dim Sum restaurant in Verona, which is much closer.)

No problem, Larry--I had just finished my post about C46, so I had to ask! Hopefully someone can offer insight re: the Verona spot.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

You know I drive by Dim Sum frequently and have never been. I was wondering if it was a take-out as it doesn't look like a sit-down place from the car! Never been but I think that it is a "regular" Chinese restaurant. We like Hunan Cottage on Rt 46 in Fairfield.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Is that the place not far from the school? If it is what I think it is ---- stick with Noodle Chu. When the Dim Sum place opened (aeons ago) I was all excited, but it was simply your usual take-out. Just the name is exciting. Their appetizers were no different than any other take-out.

Maybe I'm not being fair, because the place may have changed since that first and only visit, but I was not impressed at all.

Being from Verona maybe I can help. I know the place changed owners about a year or so ago. It's your basic take-away or sit down with a few tables. I was never impressed with the food.