• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Great Big Food Show

Lisa1349

So, you can find out more info on the Food Network Food Show here.

The exhibitor list looks pretty nice, which hasn't been fully updated. I was informed today that DiBruno's will be there yet we're not on the list.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more successful at the Convention Center? Either way, the region as a whole should do what it can to make events like this happen more often here, so get out and go!!

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

So, you can find out more info on the Food Network Food Show here.

The exhibitor list looks pretty nice, which hasn't been fully updated. I was informed today that DiBruno's will be there yet we're not on the list.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more successful at the Convention Center? Either way, the region as a whole should do what it can to make events like this happen more often here, so get out and go!!

Lisa:

This is very cool! I was just at the Fort Washington Expo Center last weekend in fact, on Sunday afternoon at a big craft show. It's a pretty good exhibition space. Will you be working the show? Do you know which day, if so? Let me know because I'll try and plan to be there, both to see Alton Brown and to attend the wine tasting with Melissa Monosoff of the Four Seasons. She and I used to work together when Avenue B was still around and Striped Bass was still under prior management. Should be an interesting afternoon!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

HERE is the latest in coverage on this event.

Anyone else thinking of attending??

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

So, I'm actually at the Academia Barilla Booth, featuring olive oils, cheeses and balsamics that DiBruno's is the exclusive distributor for. We're in row #4, I haven't been privy to the actual number yet, but look for the long line and get on!

I was there today as a last minute addition because of the huge demand. It was so busy, there was a line to get in the parking lot, many which filled up and I had to park far away.

The show as a whole has lots of nice tastings and a plethora of culinary equipment to be had. I've got my eye on a Corian cutting board booth.

The last day of the show is tomorrow, open 10-6. Stop by and say hi!

Mention eGullet and I'll be sure to pour you some 25 yr old balsamic!

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

We went to the GBFS yesterday. I think my wife summed it up best when she said that it reminded her of what Book and the Cook used to be.

Great Big Food Show was exactly as it was billed. Good variety in exhibitors, a decent list of guests, and genuinely interesting and interested vendors. Book and the Cook used to be like this when it was still held in the convention center downtown, and I remember the first year that we attended, the "big celebrity" was Emeril, and there were lines stretching around the corner to get in. Ever since then, Book and the Cook has gotten progressively smaller and less ambitious, and nowadays it seems to have diminished to a) hot sauce vendors and b) a beer garden.

Our most interesting purchase was from the Peanut Better people: one jar of spicy Thai Ginger peanut butter, and one jar of spicy southwestern peanut butter.

Derek

http://culinaryradar.blogspot.com

http://waitingforparis.blogspot.com