• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rajasthan in February

buttercup

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Rajasthan in February. We are thinking about three weeks, with at least two weeks being in India. He has been to India before, after college, and wants to make this trip special- ie. not so much cost conscious. We want to stay in some of the palaces that have been converted into hotels among other things. We also want to do a private tour for the two of us during out stay since we have declared that renting a car would be close to insane, but we are not interested in a tour group.

So to start the questions:

What food experiences should we seek out? What places to stay or eat are incredible or not to be missed? Really, anything anyone has to offer is much appreciated.

I am so excited about this trip! I have wanted to go to India for so many years and now I have my super sweet future hubby that wants to take me :wub:

Thank you for your feedback!

I'm also going to be in there in February for 3 weeks. My stops include Delhi, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Agra, Kota, Udaipur, Jodphur, Jaisalner, Bikaner and Mandawa. Any recommendations in those areas much appreciated.

Incidentally, I think I have saved maybe £2000 for two of us by booking this holiday through a Indian Government approved travel agent and not using a pre packaged holiday, we are staying at several converted hotels alongside a few nights in more luxurious places as a specail treat and have hired a driver for the full 3 weeks :smile: . PM me if you want further details of the sorts of places we are staying in and approximate prices.

Edited by Matthew Grant (log)

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"