• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saturday Business Lunch

Holly Moore

I'm drawing/shooting blanks on this. Got a British TV type coming in for a business lunch meeting this Saturday - total of three people. As I'm usually wolfing down hot dogs and cheesesteaks on Saturday's or am too filled up after breakfast at Carman's, I'm having a hard time finding a place open for Saturday Lunch. I figured one of the steak houses but they all seem to be closed.

One possibility is Jack's Firehouse, but she's staying in Center City, so I'm hoping for something thereabouts. Decent food, good sized table, preferably not one of the hotel dining rooms.

So who serves a respectable Saturday Lunch?

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Holly:

You could always stop by here at Rouge for Saturday Brunch/Lunch. There's brunch-y kind of stuff as Specials, as well as the regular menu with our Best of Philly burgers.

Let me know if I can hook that up for you.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Thanks Katie,

My read on Rogue is that it's fun, great food, but not all that condusive to business talk, especially when the place is a-poppin' on a Saturday afternoon. If I'm wrong, let me know and we'll set something up.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Thanks Katie,

My read on Rogue is that it's fun, great food, but not all that condusive to business talk, especially when the place is a-poppin' on a Saturday afternoon.  If I'm wrong, let me know and we'll set something up.

Holly:

Depends on the weather how busy (read: noisy) it is on any given afternoon. If you needed to spread out paperwork and have a genuine business meeting then you know our small tables probably aren't conducive for that. But if you're simply looking for a great meal and the chance to have a business conversation, it might be a good choice.

Just let me know if I can help... :smile:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Thanks all,

Katie's shilling worked again.  We settled on Rouge.

I'm nothing if not consistent :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!