• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining in Jamaica

If you like Curried Goat, Try Curried Conch at Cosmos Seafood Restaurant in Negril.

You May find Curried Goat on a certain nights buffet, at your resort. Most of the do it. They usually have a lobster night as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be in the Portland/Port Antonio area for a couple of weeks from next Wednesday 05 Feb.

Not interested in faux European - we've got enough of that here - just good local stuff and, most importantly, jerk. The best pits please.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Martin.

• 3 months later...

A good article on Jamaican food/restaurants by Mark Kurlansky from Food & Wine, which includes a redemption of my beloved Scotchies:

<Clickety.>

...wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. --Alexander Pope

• 6 months later...

I'm going to venture to repeat the same question posed by martinwa above though it didn't get much attention... worth a try... I'm going to Port Antonio for 10 days post-Xmas, any food recs? Thanks. :)

Queen of Grilled Cheese

NJ, USA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...