• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

as anybody seen yasu

atomic

as anybody seen yasu! i've seemed to have lost track of this extraordinary japanese cook that was walking the streets of montréal all summer.

i would assume is in new york somewhere, but i'm not sure.

i know of one of you guys that can tell me sure where he is.

thanks in advance for helping me find my good friend! :biggrin:

Try at The 357c on the la commune street...

he stopped working since june...

hi atomic

you might want to try the club again. he's back there since the sous-chef left.

good luck!

Which sous-chef left? LC in her feature story last month in the Gazette on 'hot new chefs,' had Le 357c sous-chef Darren Bergeron among the hot chefs. Is Darren the new sous-chef at Le 357c? Were there a number of chef changes at Le 357c recently?

-Steve

Try at The 357c on the la commune street...

he stopped working since june...

hi atomic

you might want to try the club again. he's back there since the sous-chef left.

good luck!

Which sous-chef left? LC in her feature story last month in the Gazette on 'hot new chefs,' had Le 357c sous-chef Darren Bergeron among the hot chefs. Is Darren the new sous-chef at Le 357c? Were there a number of chef changes at Le 357c recently?

-Steve

well, darren the new sous chef is no more. he took on a new challenge.

When did this happen? The LC article(the big group picture of the 'hot new chefs' that the Gazette photographer shot, included Darren in the mix) came out Sat September 18. The other chefs in the piece were Michel Ross(chef and co-owner, Brunoise), Patrice Demers(head pastry chef and co-owner, Les Chevres), Chloe Gervais-Fredette(chocolatier and owner, Les Chocolats de Chloe), Frank Gioffe(co-chef, Cavalli), Steve Lemieux(chef and co-owner, Le Bouchon de Liege), Alexandre Loiseau(chef & partner Cocagne), Joe Mercuri(chef & owner, Bronte), Frederic Morin(chef, Globe), Jean-Francois Vachon(chef, La Baside(just closed)),

-Steve

Edited by SteveW (log)

When did this happen? The LC article(the big group picture of the 'hot new chefs' that the Gazette photographer shot, included Darren in the mix) came out Sat September 18. The other chefs in the piece were Michel Ross(chef and co-owner, Brunoise), Patrice Demers(head pastry chef and co-owner, Les Chevres), Chloe Gervais-Fredette(chocolatier and owner, Les Chocolats de Chloe), Frank Gioffe(co-chef, Cavalli), Steve Lemieux(chef and co-owner, Le Bouchon de Liege), Alexandre Loiseau(chef & partner Cocagne), Joe Mercuri(chef & owner, Bronte), Frederic Morin(chef, Globe), Jean-Francois Vachon(chef, La Baside(just closed)), 

-Steve

hi steve

i am very much aware of the lc article. but darren, FORMER sous-chef of the club is currently working at trico. chef i believe.

batman

Where is Trico(it's a big chore, finding any restaurant listed in the Montreal phone pages)? Doing a quick check, I couldn't find it in the Montreal Yellow Pages.

-Steve

i think batman wsa trying to say tsirco on rene levesque

Where is Trico(it's a big chore, finding any restaurant listed in the Montreal phone pages)? Doing a quick check, I couldn't find it in the Montreal Yellow Pages.

-Steve

i think batman wsa trying to say tsirco on rene levesque

Thanks. Very interesting.

-Steve