• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Houston] Bank

jscarbor

I had dinner the other night at Bank and have to say that it was pretty good. Started off with salmon slices with a chile tapioca in a cocunut broth. Very good dish but probably second to the ribbons of tuna served over avacado slices with a sesame oil based sauce. Heavenly dish really. The only thing I really didn't like about the menu was the fairly uninteresting meat portion of the menu. I was hoping for some braised short bibs or something similar but had to settle for some very good lamb chops. I know its a petty complaint but the other meat choices were duck (I'm convinced only asian restaurants no how to cook duck properly) and 3 steaks. I'm sure the steaks are good but I would think if one really wanted steak they could head down to Vic and Anthony's for that?

On the other hand the seafood side of the menu looked really good. My wife had the braised salmon and it was close to perfect. I can't remember much about it, but remember enough to say that it was a very good dish.

Thanks for the review and I have to say I am a little surprised at the lack of interesting meat dishes. Were the steaks and duck simply grilled or roasted? From all the rerviews I read I would expect them to be more...well elaborate for a lack of a better term.

Elie

edit: typo

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

I haven't been there yet. My sister went for a Rodeo committee "do" not long ago and raved about the filet mignon.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...