• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Organic Kolsch

mighty quinn

unfortunately for my waistline, i've been spending time at Capitol Ale House in downtown Richmond, VA. they've got great octoberfest specials going on and i've been trying to go taste a new beer or 4 on my evenings off. on sunday, i discovered a new type- Kolsch- from the area around Koln, Germany. i believe that the brand was "Reissdorf." the nose on this ale was so clean and crisp. my friends and i split a Brewer's Platter with various sausages and cheeses. i don't think i've ever had a beer which complimented food quite like this one. i'd love to hear thoughts on this type of beer and maybe some suggestions on how to get it in the states. thanx!

"Ham isn't heroin..." Morgan Spurlock from "Supersize Me"