• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone sneak out to the burbs to Roux3?

zenpup

Just had probably my 20th meal there, and am constantly amazed at how wonderful and consistent the food is. If anyone has been there, I'd be interested in hearing about your experience. Also, what's the deal with Le Mas now being called Georges?

I'd rather be making cheese; growing beets or smoking briskets.

Also, what's the deal with Le Mas now being called Georges?

It's in Wayne, somewhat out on Lancaster Ave.

I think this is yet another retooling of the concept in the hopes of hitting on that elusive chord that will resonate with the Main Line "locals". As much as Le Mas Perrier/Le Mas/Georges is recognized for who owns it (not like it's been any big secret), I don't think it's necessarily hit any chimes with the "local" Western Main Line suburban clientele it needs to stay alive, or they wouldn't be trying so hard and playing "musical chefs/musical names" as much as has been the case.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

What town is it in? What type of food is it?

New American I guess you can call it. Roux 3 is in the Edgemont Square shopping center, which I think is actually in Newtown Square. On Route 3 ( The name is a play on the location), but it certainly doesn't look like a shopping center restaurant...If you go, see if they have the wild mushroom soup with roasted chestnuts and lemon peel...it just popped up on the fall menu and I'm going to try to recreate a version at home...Judy

I have been to Roux 3 a few times. I go there when I am in the mood for a quick foie gras salad. So far, I have enjoyed whatever I have ordered from there and I think it is very reasonably priced.

For those who have not been, you can view a sample of their cusine (3 day braised pork and crispy calamari) from my post in the Chester County Restaurant Festival thread.

Cheers

Percy

It's in Wayne, somewhat out on Lancaster Ave.

I think this is yet another retooling of the concept in the hopes of hitting on that elusive chord that will resonate with the Main Line "locals".  As much as Le Mas Perrier/Le Mas/Georges is recognized for who owns it (not like it's been any big secret), I don't think it's necessarily hit any chimes with the "local" Western Main Line suburban clientele it needs to stay alive, or they wouldn't be trying so hard and playing "musical chefs/musical names" as much as has been the case.

Katie,

I agree and think that the "musical chefs" routine has probably kept some of the clientle away. Im my case, I used to visit when I frequented the area more often, but I don't recall the cuisine being worth an extra special drive in.

Katie,

I agree and think that the "musical chefs" routine has probably kept some of the clientle away. Im my case, I used to visit when I frequented the area more often, but I don't recall the cuisine being worth an extra special drive in.

Am planning to pop into Georges over the weekend...will report back :wink: