• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anything good in Ft. Lauderdale?

john b

I may have an hour or two to kill tomorrow night in FLL. Are there any bars of note with good beer selections? I didn't see anything on pubcrawler.com that jumped out at me.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

Wander on down to the Bahia Mar yacht basin and stop by slip F-18. If you're lucky the fellow may share some of his Boodles with you.  :cool:

The Bahia Mar brings back a few spring break memories. Our wealthy college buddies stayed there, when we were sleeping on the floor in another friends' parents' hosue in Hollywood.

Oh how I miss the Button... :raz::raz:

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

It has been years since I have been, but there is a very unassuming little German pub about 1 block of Ft. Lauderdale beach...

Bierbrunnen

425 S. Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd.

Usually frequented by German tourists.

It was one of the few places near Ft. Lauderdale beach where you didn't have to pay $6 for a a plastic cup of Miller.

Robin Tyler McWaters