• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I spy...

malarkey

while I was sleepily standing in line at the store early saturday morning, I saw what looked like cases of Deschutes Jubel Ale. I blinked, I rubbed my eyes, no, I wasn't seeing things. Some of the winter seasonals are here already.

I brought home a bottle each of: Deschutes Jubel Ale, Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale, Full Sail Wassail, Fish Tale Winterfish Ale, Lost Coast WinterBraun, and Alaskan Winter Ale. They also had Pyramid Snow Cap and the LaConner seasonal, and a few others I'm not recalling.

I'll be tasting these soon :raz:

happy holidays!

Born Free, Now Expensive

It's not even Halloween yet and the winter seasonals are out!? It's the same with Christmas lights and wrapping paper and decorations! We try to rush and hurry through the holidays and get things going earlier each year. The wrapping paper and the lights and stuff infuriates me, the beer, however, now that's a good thing! I'll be on the lookout for some around here! :wink:

Bob R in OKC

Home Brewer, Beer & Food Lover!

My favorite time of the year! Festbiers, followed quickly by pumpkin ales and winter seasonals. It's nioce to try beers that dont rely on heavy hopping for their flavor, eh?

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

The next day I discovered the Xmas section at a local department store was already in full swing.... that I was less enthusiastic about.

There's been XPmas stuff in Walgreen's alongside Halloween stuff (makes for an interesting juxtaposition) since Labor Day. Used to be that Thanksgiving was front line, then it fell back to Halloween. If Labor Day falls, there'll be no stopping XPmas's inexorable march towards Independence Day and its ultimate goal of 6 months of XPmas :shock:

Of course, Full Sail Wassail and Anchor Christmas year-round wouldn't be such a bad thing :biggrin: (Way to get back on topic, eh?)

"I would kill everyone in this forum for a drop of sweet beer." - Homer Simpson (adapted)